Thursday 10 March 2011

Kraken Egg


 Right so this started off as just a lino print in exploratory stage and then one day I found it and my tutor was like ooh that looks like a book so I made it into a kinda Penguin book cover for The Kraken Wakes cos it's like a larl egg on it's own and you dunno what it could turn into and it'll end up being a massive kraken. Although it was meant to be a penguin egg when I did it. But anyway, I love the way the yellow print is at a slightly off angle to the blue so I decided to incorporate this into my title but not a lot of people got this and were like eh why you doing the writing at a weird angle but actually the yellow text is over the blue text at the same angle the yellow print is over the blue print. Also when I scanned the print in it scanned the kind of crinkly paper in too but I decided to keep this because it kind of represents a book that's been read a lot. If that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment